Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We can't believe our Hawaiian vacation is already over!







Oh how time flies! We had a great vacation with Carston's family to Hawaii (Maui). We stayed in a little beach house right on a beach in Kihei and it was fun to hear the waves crashung us to sleep each night!






We had some good beach time. We saw turtles snorkling which was the best, I just wanted to follow them around.






We took the famous Roud to Hana and had a great time, it was pooring down rain. Isabelle was asleep in the back and woke up a little sick becuase she ended up threwing up about half way. We put her in the front seat on my lap the rest of the way and as you can imagine she thought is was great. But unfortunitly after falling asleep in my arms on the way home she woke up and threw up again. So no more windy roads for us for awhile! Little cutie pie!






Mandy, Marion, Taggart and I enjoyed a fun Helicopter ride. We saw tons of water falls on the island of Moliki. And we saw a whale hitting her tail to the water over and over and over again. The pilot had us spirally downward, kind of like we were in a whirlpool. It was so exciting and a little too much for Marion. Poor thing had to actully use a little barf bag while Tag slept nuzzled into her side!!! Gootd times!






We took turn Sucba diving and saw some fun things. We saw two white tip Sharks, and a morey ill swimming, which was really cool. We saw a huge baracuda, lots of different fish. A really big puffer fish (too bad he didn't puff)! And I'm sure some more things I'm forgetting. The boys went night diving, got home at midnight and then left the house around six am to go fishing all day. But they didn't have much luck, Cam had a Mahi Mahi on for a few seconds and that was about as much excitement as they had.






We also went on a whale excursion and didn't see too much action. The one time the two whales came up pretty dang close to the boat to show us their backs, I was nursing Isabelle and saw pretty much the back sides of everyone jumping in front of me. But on our last day on the way back from Lahina we stopped by the shore line. Carston spotted a whale off the shore and I commented on how great it would be to see him breach that close. Two seconds later we were served three breaches right in a row and a fourth I think we couldn't see as he went around the corner. By far it was awesome to see the whales! We were told there is 7 to 10 thousand there at a time!!! Pretty amazing!






It was a great trip and Isabelle was a champ!






Since this is already a novel, till next time I'm signing out!

3 comments:

Nate and Tasha said...

Wow, it sound like you guys had so much fun. We went there for our honeymoon but didn't experience near as much as you guys did. I guess we had other things on our mind... You should post some more pix. Love the blog

Rebekah said...

Very good job! Call me when you need help getting the slideshow and music up or whatever else you want to do!

The McCulloughs said...

I can't believe it is over either. I am sad. We had such a long time to look forward to it that I am ready to plan another trip for next Jan. Now we just need to talk Frank into it.. GOOD LUCK! I am so excited that you fianlly started to blog. Now we can see what is up with you guys daily/ weekly, whatever and I promise you are going to get addicted to it!! GOod job and keep the posts coming!