Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wasatch Back and Pony Rides!

So the other day we took Isabelle to the Thanksgiving Point farm and it was so much fun. The animals all came up to us and Isabelle thought it was the best. She laughed so loud when she petted a horses nose, it was cute. The best part though was the pony ride! One word, Darling!





As for the Wasatch Back, I had a great time. I ran the race with my sister Anna, Carly a family friend, Anna's friend Tara and two other younger girls that I hadn't met before, Megan and Shana. Becuase of my negligence in training I got really nervous when the first three runners seemed to be putting us ahead of our scheduled times. But I'll have to pat myself on the back becuase I somehow maintained our times! I was runner 4 and my first run was through Paradise and Avon and it was by far the worst. If the heat was not bad enough I was fighting a stomach ache the whole time. But after crossing the exchange point and after getting over the feeling of throwing up I was glad I was done. Anna had a crazy run up the Avon Pass and she ran it like it was nothing. She is my running Hero for sure! The first run broke my spirit a little, becuase a five mile run was not suppose to be as hard as it was, but my second run gave my some hope, I ran the three miles around the Morgan area in 25 minutes and it felt pretty good. By the time I was almost ready to run my last leg on 15 minutes of sleep or less I had made myself sick with worry again. It was rated hard and I was not hot this time, but cold. But the sun was almost up and it was about 5:30am. I ran up and down and up and down and up along Jordanelle and somehow it felt great. It was by far my favorite leg, although rated my hardest. Besides my pumping problems(not enough batteries) and one flat tire, I am so glad that my sister asked me to run. It was hard to leave Isabelle for the first time, but I often pictured her while running, playing with her daddy and it definatly gave me some edge!!!! Overall, I think I will give myself a pat on the back! As it will be fun to drive along those roads someday and remember that I ran it with my own two legs.

8 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

I can't believe how big Isabelle is getting. What a CUTE little lady!! Katrina, I was kind of hoping to see some pictures of your race. Don't you know how to run with a camera yet - ha ha. Sounds like you guys have been having a fun summer

Charee B Mcclellan said...

Holy cow- no wonder you look so fit and have a body to die for. I couldn't.... never in a million years run a mile let alone that!! Pat your back again...good job!

The McCulloughs said...

Good for you you champ!! I hear it is a pretty cool race, maybe I can run it sometime with you! I was wondering how it went so I am glad you posted it! Great job and little Izzy looks so cute with the animals. She is a regular cowgirl! We are excited to see you guys at Lake Powell this year. It should be really exciting and hopefully we can get a minute to relax! See ya soon!

Jessica Knowles said...

Katrina... you are AMAZING. You are my running hero! Your out there doing it-You rock. Next time lets train together- if were not prego that is!
I love ya- give your self another pat on the back from Jess.

Harmony said...

Way to go girl!!!!

The Karrens said...

Holy cow!!! Ted and I talked about doing the Wasatch Back for about two seconds before we realized how killer it would be... you are awesome!

Amy said...

Wow, what an accomplishment on your run!! You are MY hero!

Nate and Tasha said...

Congrats on running the race. I am very impressed! Amazing! I love seeing kids interact with animals. Looks like Izz had a fabulous time.